Using our energy efficiently is one of the best ways we can help our environment. Not only does it help conserve resources, as it can also help save you money. One method to determine your home’s energy efficiency is to measure how close it is to being a Net Zero home. Replacement windows and doors from Renewal by Andersen® of Houston can help you reach this goal.
Net Zero Homes
A Net Zero or zero energy ready home can offset its annual energy consumption with a renewable energy system. This means that these homes don’t increase the amount of greenhouses gasses in the atmosphere. Going Net Zero means you will help reduce carbon emissions and our country’s dependence on fossil fuels. Here are a few other reasons:
• The Technology is Already Here – Net Zero energy homes are not a pipe dream or futuristic far-off technology. All you need are energy-efficient windows in Houston, TX, a renewable energy system, and smart building design.
• You’ll Be a Pioneer – By moving forward and making your home as energy-efficient as possible, you’ll set the standard for sustainability in your neighborhood. Your home will be an example other people can look up to.
• Green Homes Can Be Beautiful and Reflect a Wide Variety of Styles – Many high-profile sustainable homes sport a contemporary look. Fortunately, a Net Zero approach works for any home style. Your home design can be as traditional or modern as you want.
• Net Zero Can Be for Everyone – Net Zero homes first appeared at the high-end market, but affordable Net Zero housing is also possible. Our parent company, the Andersen Corporation, proved this through their involvement in the Eco Village.
• Net Zero Offers The Promise of a Better Future – Net Zero homes are a bold solution to our growing environmental challenges. These are a model for progress, providing reduced environmental impact, higher quality of life for communities, and a promise of economic growth for business.
Moving Your Home Close to Net Zero
What if you don’t want a drastic home redesign? Traditional buildings consume 40% of the total fossil fuel energy in the US. Fortunately, you’ll be making a positive impact on the environment by simply going for an energy-efficient window replacement in Houston, TX.
Our energy-efficient High-Performance™ Low E4® glass can save you up to 25% on your utility bills. Our windows have a special low-emissivity coating that reflects heat, keeping you warm in winter and cool in summer. Since your interior temperature is more stable, your utility systems will no longer need to consume that much energy to keep you comfortable. By reducing the amount of energy your home consumes, you’ll benefit the environment.
Energy-efficient building elements are an essential component of any Net Zero home project. If you’d like more information on our products, we’ll be glad to help. Renewal by Andersen has replaced over two million windows in over 300,000 homes, so you can be sure of our knowledge and expertise. Give us a call if you’d like to learn more about our products and services or if you would like to schedule a free in-home consultation.