Today’s casement windows are so versatile that no replacement window installation project should be done without even considering them. Casement windows are the most energy-efficient operable window style available, so their benefits go beyond just the cosmetic.
Here are our recommendations on where you can use casement windows to best effect.
- Kitchen – Kitchens need windows that are easy to operate and can be opened as wide as possible in case you need to vent out smoke and cooking smells. Casement windows fit the bill perfectly because the hand crank lets you open and close your kitchen windows with just one hand. The bigger glass areas allow more natural light.
- Patio Entry – If you’re going to have French doors installed on your patio, match them with French-style casement windows. All of our Renewal by Andersen® window replacement units are customized for your existing window openings.
- Bathroom – For upper-floor bathrooms, casement windows can fulfill your basic bathroom window needs like releasing moisture and admitting natural light. They also have unique features that you wouldn’t get from other window styles. For instance, installing the hand crank within reach of the bathtub means you don’t have to stand up in case you need to open the window. We offer obscured glass options for privacy, though, if you need it.
- Living Room – Casement windows are also great for living rooms. They allow as much of a view as picture windows would allow and wouldn’t compromise ventilation and natural lighting. If you’re worried that your window treatments or living room furniture might fade from the sunlight, our High-Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun™ glass options block up to 95% of harmful UV rays that cause fading without any discernible reduction in visible light.
- Bedroom – Double-hung windows are associated with bedrooms, but why not use casement windows instead? In addition to the aforementioned features, casement windows make the perfect bedroom window because of their energy efficiency. Unlike other operable windows, casement window frames press into the frame, creating a near-perfect seal, especially when combined with our exclusive Fibrex® material.
When buying casement windows, call Renewal by Andersen® of Houston today at (281) 547-6177. Alternatively, fill out our contact form to schedule a free estimate. We serve Katy, TX, and nearby areas in Texas.