Homeowners should be familiar with almost every component of their home. Deciding what to get for your window frames can be confusing and difficult. That’s why Renewal by Andersen® of Houston, a company offering window replacement in Katy, Texas, provides this list of window materials and their benefits:
- Aluminum or Metal Frames—Aluminum windows are very light but durable. It doesn’t require too much maintenance and can easily be molded into the shape that you desire.
- Composite Frames—Composite window frames are made up of composite wood products. This includes particleboard or laminated strand lumber. The good thing about composite window frames is that they are stable, and have better thermal or heating properties compared with conventional wood products. They are also highly resistant to moisture, decay, and rotting.
- Fiberglass Frames—Fiberglass windows are said to be the most energy-efficient window frames available in the market. Its thermal performance is exceptionally high. It is very stable because it is resistant to expansion and contraction. It is also durable and can withstand harsh climates; it can even be painted in different colors. Another benefit is that it is resistant to mildew, rot, corrosion, splitting, and warping.
- Vinyl Frames—Vinyl frames offer high levels of insulation. It keeps the temperature stable during winter or summer, cutting down your energy bills. Noise reduction is another benefit because vinyl windows are pretty thick. It can be easily cleaned and is almost maintenance-free. No painting, scraping, or puttying needs to be done with vinyl frames.
- Wood Frames—Wood windows are aesthetically pleasing. They also last longer than most window frames. Wood frames are also good insulators.
So, whether it’s double-hung, casement, picture, sliding, or specialty windows you’re looking for, make sure that you choose the right material for your home’s structure and your needs. For quality window installation in Katy, Texas, contact Renewal by Andersen® of Houston today or visit our website.