With spring approaching also comes the annual ritual of spring-cleaning. Among the many tasks that you have to do in order to keep your home in shape is cleaning your windows. Keeping your windows free from dirt and grime helps ensure that they stay in good shape throughout spring and the rest of the year.
As experts on window replacement Houston TX residents can rely on for window assistance, we at Renewal by Andersen® of Houston share with you a few tips on how to do window cleaning efficiently. These are our recommendations:
- Using a soft dry cloth, wipe loose dirt and grime from the glass.
- After you’ve wiped the glass free of dirt, apply a cleaning solution like mild soapy water, liquid window cleaner, or a solution made from white vinegar and water to the glass.
- Remove the cleaning solution using a squeegee.
- Using a soft cloth, wipe the glass in a circular motion. Start from top to bottom for thorough cleaning.
- Don’t clean the windows when exposed to direct sunlight. To reduce glass cleaner residue, select an overcast but dry day to schedule your cleaning.
If you need help with your windows in Houston TX, you can count on us at Renewal by Andersen. If your windows are in really rough shape or need more than cleaning, we can also take a look at them to determine whether you should have them replaced. We can offer you our top-quality windows made with our exclusive advanced composite framing material Fibrex®. This material is designed to be highly durable and low-maintenance. It will never corrode, fade, pit, or rot. So your windows will stay looking good as new for years to come.
There’s no better time than spring for cleaning and giving your home a fresh look for the rest of the year. So make sure those windows are clean. For more information on window cleaning or our other window services, feel free to give Renewal by Andersen of Houston a call today.