Replacing the windows and doors in your home can be a daunting task. It’s important to keep the area clean throughout the entire process to ensure an excellent outcome. Here are three tips for keeping your home mess-free during window replacement in Tomball, TX.
1. Remove Items Near the Window
Prepare your home for the project before any work begins. Remove furniture, window treatments and other items near the windows. This will help keep them safe and allow easy access to installers, eliminating the need to move around furniture or objects in order to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
2. Cover the Floors and Walls With Protective Material
Doing so will help protect against dust or debris from cutting into walls or drilling holes for screws when installing new picture, single or double hung windows in Houston, TX.
3. Clean Up After Installation
After new windows have been installed, it’s time to clean up! Here’s what needs to be done next:
- Remove protective materials. Make sure all plastic covers or drop cloths have been removed from floors and walls.
- Clean windows and doors. Any dirt or debris should be wiped away using approved cleaning solutions.
- Rehang window treatments. After they’re cleaned properly, put back any curtains, blinds, shades or other types of window treatments that were removed before installation began.
- Put the furniture back into place. Return any tables, chairs or other pieces of furniture to their original positions in your home.
By following these tips, you can keep your home clean and tidy throughout the entire window replacement process in Houston, TX. For a hassle-free experience, be sure to hire a professional window installer like Renewal by Andersen® of Houston in Tomball, TX. We can help you select the right windows for your home and complete the installation quickly and efficiently. Send us a message or call (281) 547-6177 to get started.