Keeping your windows in Sugarland, Texas, in top condition is vital to keep your home well-insulated and energy-efficient. We at Renewal by Andersen® of Houston encourage you to clean and inspect your windows for damage to ensure that they’ll stand up to the coming winter.
Start your inspection with the frames, sashes and window panes. Rotting frames allow rainwater and cold air to leak into your house, causing drafts, discomfort and higher energy bills. Fogging panes are an indicator that the window seal is broken, and jeopardize the insulation capacity of your windows. If you find a crack, put duct tape over the crack to prevent it from spreading or shattering until a repair can be made.
How to Clean Windows
After the windows have been inspected for damage, move on to cleaning. Follow these simple steps from Andersen® for quick and hassle-free window cleaning.
- Prepare two buckets with hot water, one for washing and one for rinsing.
- Add one cup of ammonia and vinegar to the first bucket. In the other bucket, add two tablespoons of rubbing alcohol.
- Always start at the top of the window to avoid drip marks.
- Use the ammonia/vinegar/water solution to wipe the entire window.
- Rinse the window using the alcohol/water solution, then squeegee off the excess. From the top, press firmly and slide down the panes. Wipe the squeegee dry every after stroke to avoid streaks.
- Wipe the corners and sills with a clean cloth.
Proper care and maintenance will greatly prolong the life of your windows. If you need window replacement, rely on Renewal by Andersen of Houston. Our windows are made from top-quality materials, from Fibrex® frames and sashes to Low-E4® glass panes. We offer many different windows styles, including casement windows and picture windows, to Sugarland, TX, and the surrounding areas. Call us today at (281) 547-6177 and let’s get your windows ready for winter.