Making a decision about what style of window to install is a common dilemma for homeowners. For those who want to maximize views of their surrounding landscape, the classic choices are picture windows and sliding windows in Sugarland, Texas. But which one is the best choice?
Renewal by Andersen® of Houston can help you answer that question. Here are the most important characteristics to know about the two window options.
This kind of window features two sashes that glide horizontally on a track within the window frame. Sliding/gliding windows offer the following features and benefits.
- More glass, less frame. Gliding windows feature the most glass area of any operable window for maximum views.
- Compact design. A sliding window is the ideal space-saving solution when a projecting window could interfere with a walkway, deck or patio.
- Low maintenance. Sliding windows have fewer parts than other types of windows, making them easier to maintain.
Picture windows are stationary, meaning they do not open. They are known for the following features and benefits.
- Expansive views. A large picture window is a wonderful way to showcase a beautiful view.
- Natural light and warmth. Picture windows permit large amounts of natural light and warmth, making a room brighter, warmer and more comfortable.
- Low upkeep. Since picture windows are inoperable, you don’t have to worry about broken parts or lost energy efficiency.
Let Renewal by Andersen of Houston provide you with a free in-home consultation to help you select the right window for your home’s architecture. Regardless of your choice, every Renewal by Andersen window will deliver optimal performance, thanks to exclusive patented materials. Our Fibrex® composite material frames combine the low-maintenance features of vinyl and the strength of wood, while High-Performance™ Low-E4® glass can block 84% of UV rays. Call us today at (281) 547-6177 to get started.