Maintaining your home’s comfort and energy efficiency won’t seem as tricky when you know what preventive measures to take. These include dealing with air leaks and having excellent insulation for your home. If you don’t know how to go about it first, let Renewal by Andersen® of Houston help you.
As your leading expert for window replacement in Katy, TX, we suggest considering these handy tips for keeping your home more energy-efficient.
1. Seal air leaks. Doing so prevents costly heating or cooling energy from escaping your home. Since your HVAC system won’t have to work as hard to maintain your space’s thermal stability, you can reduce frequent energy consumption. Here are some easy ways to deal with air leaks:
• Check your windows for airtightness. You can do this by ensuring that your units don’t have gaps and cracks on the framing material.
• If your windows leak air, you should caulk, seal, or weather-strip them as necessary.
• For a better solution to air-leaking windows, consult Renewal by Andersen of Houston, your expert for window installation in Katy, Texas. We’ll inspect your existing units and recommend the solution that best addresses the issue.
2. Increase your home’s insulation. There are different types of insulation available today. Each can provide the long-term resistance to air leakage that your home needs. The right insulation can also suppress outside noise and keep your home thermally comfortable. Check your windows’ framing material. The better the framing material, the more effective its insulating value.
3. Install more energy-efficient windows. The lasting solution to air leaks is window replacement. Renewal by Andersen of Houston can help you with this home improvement project. With our high-end replacement units, including casement windows in Katy, TX, we’ll help you achieve a more efficient home.
We use our exclusive Fibrex® material for sashes and frames. This composite offers the strength and insulating properties of wood and the low-maintenance features of vinyl. It keeps an airtight seal that prevents significant energy loss. Fibrex also doesn’t change shape under extreme temperature and weather. This prevents the potential for cracks and gaps where energy can leak out.
Turn to Renewal by Andersen of Houston for quality replacement windows that can keep your home more comfortable minus the high energy costs. Call us at (281) 547-6177 or fill out our form today for a free estimate. We’d love to hear from you.